Google Analytics for Photographers
This course is for anyone who wants to learn more about Google Analytics. For those of you just starting out it’s a great crash course into understanding your website data. For more experienced users we cover details on how to create custom reports and dashboards to get you to your most important information quicker. It’s for those of you who want to understand how your website is performing so you can improve it. This course is for those who are interested in making decisions based on actual data, rather than just gut feelings.
Whether you’re managing a website for a large or small business, Google Analytics can help you find out how your website is performing. This powerful and free platform provides you with the tools you need to measure site traffic, conversions, and ad performance, and understand how people use your website.
In this course, Flothemes explains how to get set up in Google Analytics and how to get the most important information from each of the reporting sections. We cover reporting fundamentals and explain how to interpret your results, how to create and track goals, and how you can set up custom dashboards and reports to get the most important data for your business.
- Setting up Google Analytics
- Cleaning up spam with filtered views
- Creating and Tracking Goals
- Navigating and Using Google Analytics
- Understanding a site’s most Important Metrics
- Understanding your content (what are users doing / organic vs paid)
- Where are your users coming from
- Tracking conversions (with goals)
- Custom Dashboards and Reports
1. Getting Started with Google Analytics
In the following section we show you how to set up Google Analytics and how to add it to your site correctly.
2. Cleaning up Google Analytics Traffic
In the following section we show you how to clean up your site traffic in Google analytics to remove spam users and traffic that isn't important to your site.
3. Using Goals to Track Site Performance
One of the most useful things about Google Analytics is being able to set up goals. With goals we can understand if the users are doing what you expected on the site. Learn how to use destination goals to understand how your site is performing.
4.a. Google Analytics Reports
In the following section we cover the most important metrics and reports that you need to know when using Google Analytics. This includes details on Google Analytics reports, understanding metrics and dimensions, and the most important data for photographers.
4.b. Most important performance metrics for photographers
So now you have a good idea of the type of information you can find with Google Analytics reports. In the following section, we help you understand the most important dimensions and metrics you should be tracking for your photography business.
5. Creating Custom Dashboard and Reports
Now that we understand how to set up goals and what data is important for your business, we can look at setting up custom dashboards and reports to make it easier to view the information you need.
5.00 average based on 1 rating
- As someone who started with very basic knowledge in google analytics, I really enjoyed this easy to follow course with step by step instructions. :)