Welcome to episode #6 of FloInsider – we’re so happy to see you! FloInsider is powered by Flothemes, it’s a podcast for creative entrepreneurs who want a fresh perspective on business, communication, art, design, branding, and life as we know it.
In this episode we are chatting with Rianon Stephens – a photographer, educator, entrepreneur, mother, and a “powerhouse of a woman” as said by one of our awesome hosts, Saori.
Rianon has been in business for over 8 years, photographing pregnancies, couples, and weddings. Recently, she also started offering mentorship and helping other creatives figure out how to grow their business and earn more revenue.
In this episode, our wonderful hosts, Saori & DeVante from Spirit of Revelry, chat with Rianon on how to get rid of the impostor syndrome, how to embrace the abundance mindset, and how to scale your photography brand to a six-figure business. Rianon also shares some incredible ideas on how to create additional sources of income. Grab a pen and and a piece of paper, as this interview is packed with gold!
Here are a few cliff notes from this insightful dialogue with Rianon Stephens:
- Always educate yourself on key business aspects, such as taxes, finances, etc. It makes a tremendous difference when you’re starting a business.
- If you’re looking for a mentor who’ll teach you the ins and outs of the photography business, don’t choose them based solely on the photos they take. Pay attention to their personality, their story, their experiences and surrounding. They may be a great mentor, but not the right one for you. Pick someone who is similar to you, and can relate to your situation and struggles.personality, overall vibe, and honesty.
- Start thinking about your photography as a business. Start valuing your craft and your time. Stop feeling apologetic about your pricing. You are not just offering a service to your clients; you are creating an experience and art together.
- Identifying and focusing on a specific niche of clients, then projecting that into your branding, your aesthetic and communication – will help you attract the right type of people.
- Showing a lot of your personality on your website and social media is a powerful tool that will help you build strong connections with people. Use it!
- Having a beautiful and aesthetically pleasing Instagram feed and website is also helpful when you want to attract clients and build a connection with them.
- If you are a photographer and you are looking for alternative sources of income, but mentoring isn’t really your thing, you can always sell products, such as presets, wedding guides, custom fonts, homemade albums, or even rent space for photoshoots. The sky is the limit.
If you feel as inspired as we do and would like to see more of Rianon Stephen’s work and courses, head over to her website: rianonstephens.com
Also connect with Rianon Stephens on Instagram: @rianonstephens.
And, a HUGE thank you goes to our amazing podcast hosts – Saori & DeVante. They are a talented photography duo from Houston, USA. You can check out their wedding photography work here: spiritofrevelry.com And also give a listen to their previous episode, where they share the Unspoken Rules of getting into business with your partner.
Subscribed for FloInsider via your favorite platform to listen to more interviews like this one!