The launch of our first FlexThemes collection back in November of 2019 became a crucial milestone not only for us, but also for many Flothemes clients (read as “you, guys”). Lots of creative entrepreneurs from around the world have already tested the FlexThemes, built mind blowing websites with them, and shared their excited reviews with us and with all of you!
If you have no idea what a FlexTheme is and why every website owner should try it ASAP, the short answer is: flexibility. FlexThemes are a new generation of WordPress site templates powered by FlexBlock – a powerful drag and drop block builder. Creating a website with a Flex template will allow you to customize every tiny detail of your website and give it a unique and authentic personality. Picture it as building a copy of yourself, but in the form of a website 🙂
In this article we’ll explore the improvements and SEO capabilities of newly launched FlexThemes and share some useful tools that will help you to maximize the results of your SEO work.
New SEO features
We’ve listened to your feedback and worked hard to deliver essential options and a strong technical base, so you can focus on creating new content and customizing your site.
Here are some new SEO options that have been integrated into the latest themes:
- Page speed – FlexThemes are blazing fast right out of the box. You will get fast loading times without any extra configurations. Additionally, if you use a cloud hosting solution and further optimize your site, you’ll get even better performance. Here are some results based on our latest FlexThemes demo sites. Please note that we didn’t use any optimization plugins and we’ve tested the sites using Google PageSpeed Insights tool:
- Full control over mobile site – after the mobile-first indexing update, your website is ranked based on its mobile version. Thus, it’s very important to have a mobile-first ready website. FlexThemes allow you to customize every single element inside your desktop and mobile version.
- Full control over the semantics – you now have the possibility to adjust your markup the way you want it. In this way you can better describe the meaning of your content (be it a paragraph or an H1 heading). Search engines will be able to better understand your content and rank it accordingly.
- Responsive images – we have implemented the srcset attribute, which serves appropriate image sizes based on the device you are browsing from. Also, all images are defined with <img> tag instead of background images, which is beneficial for your image SEO.
- Built in lazy loading – it serves images when they are needed (when you scroll down the page), instead of loading all images at once. This makes your page load faster and provides a better user experience, especially on mobile devices.
Here is a list of tools that work well with FlexThemes and will help you get started with analyzing your site and improving its organic ranking:
- Yoast plugin – works as a good base for defining important SEO elements like: titles/metas, sitemap, structured data, etc. However, Yoast can’t read the content of Flexblocks, as these are not based on custom fields. In this case, you will need to use the tool described below.
Important note: a lot of you have been asking why Yoast SEO doesn’t read the text inside Flex blocks. Here is the clarification:
Yoast plugin checks the content within standard blocks (which are based on custom fields). It reads the content in the backend. However, with Flexblocks it’s a bit different, as those are not based on custom fields. The best way to check your score (regardless of your theme or blocks), is by using this tool. In this way, you’ll be able to analyze the content based on your frontend.
Both classic themes and FlexThemes work perfectly fine SEO wise, and can be seen and indexed by Google without any problems. Google will be able to read your content and rank it accordingly.
- Real-time Content Analysis by Yoast – checks the SEO score of your content based on a specific keyword. Simply copy paste all the content from your page into this tool and include one keyword. It will check how well your page is optimized for that particular keyword.
SEOptimer heading tag checker – this web tool will show you all the headings present on a specific page. Simply include your page in the checker and get the results.
SEO Minion extension – this is a handy extension for Chrome or Firefox which allows you to analyze your onpage SEO and highlight all your headings.
headingsMap – another browser extension that you can use to see the structure of your headings.
- Keyword density – check most prominent words on your page. These tools might be useful when you create new content and want to target a set of predefined keywords. Also, you can use these tools to optimize existing content.
Keyword Density Analysis Tool – use this useful web tool to check the number of words on a specific page and most prominent keywords.
Keyword Density Checker – this simple web tool will give you an overview of your most popular words on a specific page. You can also copy and paste your text to check the density of your keywords (this is the recommended method for more accurate results).
As a company, we’re highly focusing on our clients’ experience with out products. Our goal is to provide you with websites that are topnotch on all fronts. An exceptional look, lots of customization options, plenty of useful features, being SEO friendly and covered by professional support – this is how a high-quality website should be and that is what we’re striving to offer with every new launch and update.
SEO is a long-term process that pays off only when you continuously work on it. But we are always here to help you by offering SEO rich features inside our themes, as well as resources and education to ensure that you succeed!