We’re super grateful to have you as a customer of Flothemes. We’re also committed to helping you achieve success with the use of our themes. To get the most use out of our support, you should first review our support terms and conditions to make sure you’re in the right place for support.
On the following page you’ll find out more about the following in detail:
- Support Overview
- Support Channels
- Support Period
- What is not included with support
1. Support Overview
The following section we explains the terms of what is deemed support and what falls under support assistance:
- Guidance in choosing right theme and services for your needs.
- Explanation and help to achieve the demo output or questions on how to achieve a specific layout (using the products available options).
- Answer to your specific questions about the features and functionality of the item.
- Help you with issues related to using the item and getting the most value out of its functionality.
- Bug fixes and help with defects.
Flothemes provides support for its own products only. We do not provide support for third party products or services, nor do we provide support for our own products when obtained through third parties.
Our products are provided as is. We include numerous page layouts, blocks, custom functionality and options to our themes to allow you to build various pages and layouts. We do not provide support with additional customization, nor do we guarantee that our products will be compatible with third party software, plugins or services.
It is your responsibility to obtain a backup of your site prior to requesting support or granting access to support staff. We hold no liability for user that have not taken the necessary steps to maintain an active and up to date backup of their site.
We are always here to listen, and adding new features and improvements to themes is important to us. On a regular basis we launch the updates based on the client feedback and market trends.
Please submit any feature requests and feedback here:
2. Support Channels
There are various methods to contact Flothemes for support:
Many support queries and technical questions will already be answered in supporting documentation, it is the quickest method to find what you’re after. We highly recommend reviewing the documentation before submitting a ticket.
You can also leave feedback on any article letting us know where we can improve. The more feedback we receive the better and easier we can make your Flothemes experience.
You can find full documentation for our themes here.
Flothemes Facebook community group is also a great channel to get quick support from thousands of existing users, ask how to’s and other advice here. Note that is is a community group and we encourage you to help each other. We are under no obligation to respond to requests here, the team will do their best to respond to all messages.
Please note that Support Team (through tickets) is only available Mon-Fri, 6 AM to 6 PM EST with average response time between 6 and 12 hours.
3. Support period
We provide support for all themes for a period of 24 months from theme purchase, the average lifespan of a website.
All themes will also receive updates to be compatible with WordPress for up to 6 months after the theme is removed from our product line.
4. Support Limits
Whilst we aim to offer the best possible support to all clients, limits must be set in place to prevent abuse of our support system. A limit of 20 tickets can be lodged per individual in any one month, with a maximum number of tickets for the year set to 100 tickets.
Each support request should be lodged as a separate ticket.
If you require full assistance with the set up there are 2 options:
- Follow the documentation and DIY.
- Review our installation services so we can assist you fully with the setup of your theme.
5. What is not included with Support
5.a. Theme/Item Setup and Customization
Support does not include services to modify or extend the item beyond the original features, style and functionality described on the item page. However we have additional customization services that will help you tailor the item to your specific requirements. We recommend getting in touch via ticket and one of our support staff will provide you with further details.
5.b. Technical Issues – Hosting
If your site is down or is not responding, contact your hosting provider for further details, we are not directly responsible for hosting related issues. If you’ve made an update to one of our themes and or plugins, and this causes an error with your site, please contact us directly via here.
We are not responsible for backups of your site. Please ensure you’ve taken the correct steps to maintain an up to date backup of your site offline and if possible online through your hosting company.
5.d. Technical Issues – Site Hacked
Please contact your hosting provider, or get in touch with services such as Sucuri who deal specifically with these issues. There are many reasons why this could have happened, WordPress vulnerabilities, out of date plugins, weak passwords, malware on your hardware etc.
5.e. Technical Issues – Emails
Having issues with your Flothemes Contact form, first refer to our documentation on contact form issues. If using a third party plugin for your contact form plugin, please contact the plugin provider for support.
Still having issues with your form after reviewing the documentation, please submit a ticket.
5.f. Technical Issues – Third Party Plugins
If using a third party plugin and there are issues, please contact the plugin provider for assistance. We are not liable for third party plugin integration and support. We do our best to integrate plugins with our themes, and you can see a list of recommended plugins here. These should work with our themes as standard. If not, please notify us.
Debugging and resolving third party plugin issues will be a paid service.
If you have recently installed a plugin and have had issues with your site, deactivate the new plugin, and clear your site / hosting cache. If you are still having issues continue to disable plugins one by one until you find the offending plugin.
Plugins affecting performance
- Broken Link Checker — Overwhelms caching layers on servers with an inordinate amount of HTTP requests.
- MyReviewPlugin — Slams the database with a fairly significant amount of writes.
- LinkMan — Much like the MyReviewPlugin above, LinkMan utilizes an unscalable amount of database writes.
- Fuzzy SEO Booster — Causes MySQL issues as a site becomes more popular.
- WP PostViews — Inefficiently writes to the database on every page load.
Related Posts Plugins
Almost all “Related Posts” plugins suffer from the same fundamental problems regarding MySQL, indexing, and search. These problems make the plugins extremely database intensive, slowing down your site:
- Dynamic Related Posts
- SEO Auto Links & Related Posts
- Yet Another Related Posts Plugin
- Similar Posts
- Contextual Related Posts
Other Plugins That aren’t Required
- Hello Dolly! – add’s zero value to your site.
- WP phpMyAdmin — Has a fairly major security issue.
- Sweet Captcha – Sucuri revealed that the Sweet Captcha service was used to distribute adware.
- EWWW Image Optimizer – While the original version can cause stress on the server to the point of negative impact, the Cloud version of the plugin located here is a great alternative that offloads the computing to the Cloud.
- NextGen Gallery – conflicts with various theme functions.
- Jetpack Photon Module – causes images to be bad quality.
- W3 Total Cache – if incorrectly configured can cause issues with the site loading properly, or completely break the site. Simpler alternatives such as WP Super Cache work much better.
5. g. Styling of Visuals and Custom Fonts
We are not responsible for the styling of your site and/or adding of visuals and custom fonts. Adding custom fonts is very simple, and we’ve provided full documentation on how to do so for each theme. Documentation is also provided on how to set up each page template and the relevant options for this. Again if you feel documentation is lacking and need further assistance, please let us know.
If you have any suggestions on how to improve our themes, services and documentation, please let us know here.
5. f. Local Host Support
Without access to your site via an internet connection, we cannot help debug or resolve any issues you may be having whilst setting up your site on a local host machine. If you wish to receive support for any issues, make sure to use a live server that is hosted on the web.